Please note that this website is no longer updated.

For the latest local health and care information, visit

Information that has been held previously by NHS Barking and Dagenham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), NHS City and Hackney CCG, NHS Havering CCG, NHS Newham CCG, NHS Redbridge CCG, NHS Tower Hamlets CCG and NHS Waltham Forest CCG transferred to the new CCG, NHS North East London CCG, on 1 April 2021.

The new CCG has become the new controller for the data held by the superseded organisations. For further information about how NHS North East London CCG processes personal data, please refer to the organisation’s privacy notices. If you have any further questions about the use of data by NHS North East London CCG, please contact

This site will be archived and no longer available from 31st October 2021.



Making a complaint is one way that helps organisations to learn lessons from their mistakes and to prevent them from happening to anyone else.

How can I make a complaint?

You can make a complaint in writing, by email, over the telephone or in person. Your complaint should be made as soon as possible.  This should be within a year of the event. You can make a complaint on your own or on behalf of someone else if you have their permission.

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

As you know, the NHS is facing significant challenges due to coronavirus. NHS staff are working hard to maintain high quality care in hospitals, GP surgeries and other services. All NHS staff are focusing on patient care and supporting front line staff to deal with this emergency.

This will mean that there will be delays to responding to your complaint. This is because we need clinical and other staff to review your complaint and contribute to the investigation and they are currently supporting the NHS to respond to this virus.

We will try to respond to as many complaints as we can where we receive the clinical input required.

As NHS services respond to the impact of Coronavirus, some of them may not be able to take calls regarding your complaint but you can contact them via email.

Further information can be found on the NHS England’s website:

Who should I contact with my complaint?

Please find a summary of all complaints contacts in the Complaints Leaflet.

Doctor (GP), dentist, pharmacist or optometrist.

Contact the service directly or the NHS England Customer Contact Centre on:
Phone: 0300 311 22 33 (this is charged as a local rate call)
Address: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT

North East London NHS 111 service

Phone: 020 3069 0240
Address: London Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Patient Experiences Department
Units 1&2 Datapoint Business Centre, 6 South Crescent London E16 4TL

Hospitals, Mental Health, Community and other services

All services providing NHS care will have a complaints process in line with the NHS complaints process.  If you have a complaint about a hospital, mental health, community or other NHS service, you should direct this to the organisations directly.  Should you wish for us to be aware of your complaint please send a copy of your complaint to us (contact details below), however the responsibility for investigating the issues remains with the service complained about.

NHS services commissioned for the people of Havering

We investigate complaints about the services we commission or ‘buy’ for local residents, such as hospital, community and mental health services, with support from NHS NEL. If you have a complaint relating to the way an NHS service has been commissioned, or you have been directly affected by a commissioning decision made by us, please contact us in writing by email at:, telephone 020 3688 1666 or by post at:

Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge CCGs,
Complaints team 
6th floor
North House
St Edwards Way
Romford RM1 3AE

To help us understand your concerns we may need to share your complaint with other services or access your health records if it is necessary. 

Any information you provide will be treated in strict confidence and handled in a safe and secure manner. 

We will retain personal information for the purpose of this complaint investigation only.  In order for us to make improvements to the services you receive, anonymous information about your complaint may be shared as part of our reporting process.

Information on how to make a complaint can be made available in other languages, on audio cassette or CD, in large print, Braille and in illustrated format. Interpreters can also be arranged, including sign interpreters.

Can I get help and support with making my complaint?

- Awaiting service providers details 

What will happen once I make my complaint?

Complaints will be dealt with in a manner that is proportional to the issues raised. Your complaint will be investigated and the NHS organisation responsible will aim to resolve the concerns and, where needed, will take action to prevent the incident from happening again.

Will my complaint remain confidential?
Your right to confidentiality will be respected throughout the investigation. However, there may be times when we need to share information without your consent, for example to protect children and vulnerable adults.

What if I am still not satisfied?

If you are unhappy with the response to your complaint you should contact the service directly to see if they can look into the case further. You also have the right to take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman. However, please note that the Ombudsman is currently not accepting any new complaints about the NHS because of the COVID-19 pandemic. This is to help ensure the NHS can focus its resources on urgent healthcare. The Ombudsman will keep the situation under close and regular review. You can find out more information on the Ombudsman’s website

Once the situation is back to normal, there will be time limits for taking a complaint to the Ombudsman, although the Ombudsman can waive these time limits if it is perceived that there is good reason to do so. You can contact their helpline on 0345 015 4033 or

Further information is also available at You can write to the Ombudsman at: The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP.

Page last updated 07 May 2020