Travelling abroad this summer?

03 August 2020

We are receiving queries about people travelling abroad who want a certificate to prove they do not have COVID-19, as some countries may require proof of recent COVID-19 testing for entry. Our advice is to check this Foreign and Commonwealth Office webpage: (see the summary, health and entry requirements sections).

Travellers can also get advice from this website: which was set up by the Department of Health and Social Care and is sponsored by Public Health England. 

A number of commercial COVID-19 tests are available. Testing for international travel purposes is only available as a private service from private providers e.g. some private GP services, travel clinics or other private testing services. There would be a charge made for the test and any paperwork issued.